Code of Conduct
In Side Projects Club, we strive to be a positive voice in our communities. Our goal is to make our corner of the community a welcoming, inclusive space for anyone and everyone who wants to work on their projects.
To promote this spirit of inclusivity, we ask that all members and guests follow a few basic principles in the space—online and in meetings. These include but are not limited to:
- Be welcoming, friendly, and patient.
- Be considerate. Your work and decisions will affect others. Whether writing code, creating art, writing, or working on any sort of project, your actions will have consequences. You should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
- Be respectful. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into aggression towards another. Give yourself grace if you feel frustrated with another member of our community or with yourself.
- Be mindful of vocabulary. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes can be offensive to those around you. Be kind to others, and do not insult or put down another person. Thoughtfulness often means reevaluating what we consider permissible. If you are unsure that something you want to say or do is offensive, lean towards not doing it.
This all boils down to be kind to and considerate of each other. Don’t be a jerk. No jerks allowed.
Reporting Inappropriate Behavior
Side Projects Club is meant to be a safe, inclusive space. That includes our physical space, anywhere we go for additional meetings, and all of our online realms. Please approach Cara if you’ve experienced anything less than that. In return, I promise:
- To take all harassment reports seriously.
- To respect your privacy.
- To remove the source of harassment. This begins with a warning to the offender, followed by physically removing them from the area if harassment continues.
You can reach Cara in person or via any of the methods below:
- The contact form on this site
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Twitter private message: @SideProjectsNE or @caraheacock